What is the cost to register with betubid?
Nothing. There are no registration fees for buyers or sellers upon our site.
How much does it cost for sellers to place listings?
How do I sell on betubid
To list your items on Betubid, simply choose "New Auction" or "New Classified" from within the members area.
The listing process is split up into 3 simple steps notably:-
- Category selection
- Listing Details
- Optional Extras & Information
Buying & Bidding
Member can purchase any item listed upon the site outright by using the Buy Now facility, this option is available for both Auctions & Classifieds.
Once you have purchased the item of choice, the system will automatically send both buyer & seller a verification email, confirming the transaction.
Placing a bid on an Auction item you are interested in could not be easier
To place your bid simply enter the amount you wish to bid i.e. £50.00 witin the field. Please note no currency symbols are required.
The bid will then be placed in the required auction currency.
Once you have placed your bid, you will be asked to confirm it including any item details such as the shipping conditions before compleation.
To submit your maximum bid simply press the “Place Bid” button.
You can also place a proxy bid, proxy bidding allows you to place your “High Bid” insuring that you will only pay the least required bid if you win.
For example, if the current bid is £50.00 you can place a proxy bid of £80.00. Should you remain the only bidder you will only pay £50.00.
However, should the item receive other bids the site will automatically re-bid for you up to your maximum of £80.00 to help you seal the deal.
Is betubid.com secure?
Yes. all transactions on betubid are protected by the latest encryption technology and sitewide SSL certificates.
SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) is a standard security technology for establishing an encrypted link between a server and a client—typically a website) and a browser.
More specifically, SSL is a security protocol. Protocols describe how algorithms should be used; in this case, the SSL protocol determines variables of the encryption for both the link and the data being transmitted.
On top of all this, betubid.com processes all payments through secured payment gateways such as PayPal or WorldPay both of which are availble. Currently, the default payment gateway is set as PayPal, however our members can choose from a verity of payment gateway services from within the members area. For further information on how PayPal protects buyers & sellers please visit the PayPal link below:
How do I find what I'm looking for?
You have several options:
- we offer a quick search form on the front page for you to enter keywords to search.
- we offer an Advanced Search page for you to refine your search criteria.
- we offer browsing filters when you are browsing by category.
- if you already know what you are looking for you can browse the categories listed on the left side of the site's pages.
Can I save items to revisit them later?
Yes. You can maintain your own "favourites" list within the member’s area. Each listing on betubid has an "add to favourites" link.
Simply click that link and we will add that item to your favourites list.
What if I can't find what I'm looking for?
You can set up search filters within your account area. Our site will then screen all new listings, as they are placed on the site, and if an item is listed that meets your filter (search) criteria, we will automatically send you an email notification.
Can I sell with any currency
The default currency upon betubid is set as Sterling, however members can select their preferred currency when listing items.
What is betubid "Free Post" & how do I qualify?
Betubid "Free Post" is a free pickup and delivery service for registered betubid members living within the BH postcode area. The members must have successfully sold or purchased an item that has already been paid for in full prior to pick up by the betubid “Free Post” courier. Betubid "Free Post", will safely and securely deliver your goods purchased or sold upon the betubid.com website for free and deliver them to the winning members betubid registered address also within the BH postcode area.
Terms of Service.
1. To qualify for this service, both the seller and the buyer must have a betubid.com validated account, with the registered address being within the BH postcode area, note we can only pick up and deliver items from within the BH postcode area and only from the respective betubid registered & validated members address (No exceptions).
2. This must be the registered address of the account that was validated prior to buying or selling the item or items in question. The items for sale, must be available for pick up at the sellers registered BH postcode address and they can only be delivered to the winning members registered betubid address equally within the BH postcode area and only once full payment for the item in question has been made (No exceptions).
3. Both buyer and seller must be able to identify themselves at point of pickup or delivery to the betubid “Free Post” courier using a valid form of photo identification (No exceptions).
4. Items will not be accepted for pick up or delivery, at any other location other than the registered account holders verified address (No exceptions).
5. If the account holder, is not present at the address at point of pickup or delivery, The betubid “Free Post” courier cannot and will not accept items for delivery (No exceptions).
6. Betubid “Free Post” run a zero exceptions policy, in order to protect our members, users who repeatedly fail to meet the terms of service or provide false or inadequate proofs will no longer be entitled to the service.
7. We only except items for delivery of up to a maximum of 30 Kilos or less (each item).
8. Betubid “Free Post” does not check items for functionality or damage prior to despatch (No exceptions).
9. Betubid “Free Post” provides is a delivery service only and cannot be made responsible for any unlikely damage made or implied to items in transit (No exceptions).
10. By using Betubid “Free Post”, you are signalling your full acceptance with the above terms of service (No exceptions).
How do buyers and sellers communicate with each other?
We provide buyers with the ability to contact the seller through betubid internal mail that is accessible on each of the seller's listing pages. The seller will then be notified by email of the buyer's questions and the seller can either reply by email or log in to their account and reply through our onsite messaging system. The seller can choose to keep their email address anonymous.